Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My Faves for Nursing School

Care Plan Book - Ackley, Nursing Diagnosis Handbook
You can also access this book online for free. And it helps you to create your care plans!

Stethoscope - Omron Stethoscope
For a stethoscope, I chose something simple and cheap. I admit it's not the greatest in the world, but I know upon graduation, someone will get me a Littman.

Scrubs - Landau V-Neck Scrup Top, Landau Cargo Flare Pant
Pockets are so important. You need them for mints, pen light, pens, small notepad, scissors, stethoscope, cell phone, etc. The scrub top alone comes with 4 pockets!

Shoes - I can't say I have a favorite shoe...yet. But having a good shoe for all the standing, walking, and moving about is very important. Make sure you find a shoe that is comfortable and offers support. And a shoe that is either leather, vinyl, or whatever material that bodily fluids cannot soak through!

Drug guide - Pearson Nurse's Drug Guide
I personally like this guide the best. I have tried the Mosby version, but it just doesn't do it for me. Oh, and try to get an e-version too. When you're doing your drug concept maps, you'll thank me later!

Makeup and Hair for Clinical Days - Examples here
I know that as nursing students we're tired! Long nights of studying, creating care plans, etc. But that doesn't mean we don't have to look professional when we're at clinical.
On clinical mornings when I wake up super early, I like to wash my face with cold water and a cleanser for waking up. I use E.L.F's eye refresher underneath my eyes and let it set while I brush my teeth. Then I apply tinted moisturizer, a little bronzer, and a natural pinky blush, followed by using an eyelash curler, applying a little liner, then mascara and filling in my brows. I will usually apply concealer if I need it. The makeup takes less than 5 minutes. Then I follow up by putting my hair up in a cute top knot, ponytail, etc. I try not to spend more than 10 minutes on my hair! On those mornings, I'm always out the door in less than an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment