Monday, March 25, 2013

First Post

First post! There's just a few things I want to say before I dive into nursing student life.

Who am I? I am a 1st semester nursing student. I just started nursing school in January, so it's not like I am seasoned or anything. But I love nursing school. I don't love every part of it, but I do love it. I have made some great friends already, learned so many things that I could never expect, and learned the huge difference between regular questions and nursing questions...dun, dun, dun!

Personally, I am a wife and mom and (step)mom. The oldest is in high school, then a grade schooler with high-functioning autism, and a preschooler. I am in my late 20's. I am from a transplant from the land of fruits and nuts. If you want to know anything else, feel free to ask away!

And here is what you can expect out of my blog!

1. I am not going to be negative.

2. I am not going to violate HIPAA. Yes, I spelled HIPAA right!

3. I am not going to bad mouth my instructors (because honestly, they are great and there is a reason why I chose my school). Or my classmates for that matter...even if some of them do things that...ummm...I really do not agree with! I think this goes with #1.

4. Even though some people are going to know me personally, I am not going to identify my school. Not letting that come back to bite me in the ass!

5. I am sarcastic. So get used to it.

6. I might swear. It happens.

The stuff above is (mostly) due to my nursing school having policy about social networking and my online persona. What can I say? I like rules...well, most of them anyway.

ETA: I am not a writer. My grammar may occasionally suck. I am more science minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment