Friday, September 27, 2013

Use Your Resources!

One important thing I have learned since starting nursing school is that you can't do it on your own. You can try and some do, but many are not successful. What do I mean by doing it on your own? Not using your resources! And what are your resources? All the instructors within your program, study groups, exam blueprints, your fellow classmates, other nursing students in your program, supplemental materials. They're all important!

Recently, I was having a little trouble with a certain subject...electrolytes! The instructor who went over electrolytes was all over the place in lecture. Nothing was sinking in! Reading helped a bit, but not to the point I needed. So I asked my clinical instructor to go over it with our clinical group. We all had this AHA! moment when he began explaining things. Especially when he started relating it to patient care.

This is just one simple example of using resources. Don't rely on just your notes and textbooks. If you need help, ask for it. Go to the other resources. Your report card will thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment