Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Practice, Practice, Practice

"Practice makes perfect." I have always hated that saying. Mainly because I can be kind of lazy. BUT in the world of nursing and nursing school, you have to practice.

My 1st semester of nursing school was last semester, Spring 2013. In that semester, I learned how to place urinary catheters, administer medications via injection, give oxygen, how to do aspectic technique, and place a nasogastric tube. That's a lot of stuff. And then my first semester was over and I had a lovely, loooooooooong summer break. WHICH MEANS not a lot of practice going on!

Well, I am back in school for my second semester. And this past week and last week, we have been reviewing and practicing. I am beyond grateful for the review. It helped reinforce everything I learned last semester. It all came flooding back to me. But I can't help but think what if it didn't? This is where practice comes in. So practice your skills, read up on the procedure, and keep it fresh in your head!

No comments:

Post a Comment